High Purity Paraffins
High purity paraffins or alkanes are saturated hydrocarbons that are linear (n-paraffins), branched (isoparaffins) or cyclic (naphthenes). Acyclic paraffins have the formula CnH2n+2 and cyclic are CnH2n.
Janex offers a range of high purity paraffins with a minimum purity of 95%, up to those with 99.9% purity, the latter requiring dedicated transport solutions. Core markets and applications for these high purity products include refrigerants, blowing agents and solvents for manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and use in agrichemical, electrical and many other industries.
Propane (R290) and iso-butane (R600a) are used as natural refrigerants.
Propane, n-butane, iso-butane and pentanes are used as foaming/blowing agents to expand polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene and polyurethane.
Liquid paraffins are often used as solvents, reaction medium, carriers, or for extraction purposes across a wide range of industries.
Click here for the full range, including purity information.
- C4 Iso-Butane - CAS 75-28-5
- C5 Cyclopentane - CAS 287-92-3
- C5 n-pentane - CAS 109-66-0
- C5 Iso-pentane - CAS 78-78-4
- C5 CP/IP blend
- C5 NP/IP blend
- C6 n-Hexane - CAS 110-54-3
- C7 n-Heptane - CAS 142-82-5
- C7 Methylcyclohexane (MCH) - CAS 108-87-2
- C8 n-Octane - CAS 111-65-9
- C8 Iso-Octane (2,2,4-trimethylpentane) - CAS 540-84-1
- C9 n-Nonane - CAS 111-84-2
- C10 n-Decane - CAS 124-18-5
- C11 n-Undecane - CAS 1120-21-4
- C12 n-Dodecane - CAS 112-40-3
- C13 n-Tridecane - CAS 629-50-5
- C14 n-Tetradecane - CAS 629-59-4
Contact us for more information.