Polyisobutylene (PIB) and Polybutylene are liquid polymers produced by the cationic polymerisation of isobutylene and raffinate-1 respectively. We offer a comprehensive product range with molecular weight from 450 to 90,000 MW.
Polyisobutene CAS 9003-27-4 / EC 204-066-3 - Polybutene CAS 9003-29-6 / EC 203-452-9
We have partnered with TPC Group to bring their range of PIB to Europe.
- Low gas or moisture permeability
- Low / non-toxicity & colourless / transparent
- Water white colour and odourless
- High thickening efficiency
- Good shear stability
- Clean burning / low deposit
- Good electrical insulation
- Oxidation stability to light/UV and air
- Tackifier/adhesive properties
- Low temperature properties
- Adhesives (pressure sensitive adhesives and hot melt adhesives)
- Electrical insulation materials (cables, condenser…)
- Intermediate for lubricants and fuels dispersant additives, explosive emulsifier
- Lubricants and greases (as viscosity modifiers in automotive and industrial gear oils, base oil in 2 strokes lubricants, tackifier in chainsaw and slideway lubricants, bright stock substitute, metal working fluids…)
- Sealants and caulks
- Wrap films (stretch films, wrap films for silage…)
- Others: asphalt modifiers, chewing gum (high MW PIB), personal care (hydrogenated PIB), polymer modifiers, resin plasticizer
Contact us for more information.